If you’re interested in the social sector, or considering becoming a social entrepreneur, this Mumbai immersion is perfect for you.
- Urban Poverty – Introduction to urban poverty, visit a slum, learn about India’s rural to urban migration, understand the slum economy, meet local entrepreneurs
- Microfinance – Learn about the transformative effect of micro-loans to the urban poor, understand the legal issues, opportunities and challenges
- Investing for Impact – Understand how impact investors are providing crucial support to Indian entrepreneurs for solving a diverse range of problems in the health, education, clean energy, and agricultural sectors.
- Education in rural India – Understand the challenges and constraints, visit a village school, see the mid-day meal scheme, understand government policies, and see the inspiring work of a small dedicated team that is looking to bridge the urban-rural gap
- Breaking Gender Stereotypes – Introduction to gender issues in Indian society, visit an organization that is trying to empower schoolgirls.
- Negotiating the Traditional versus the Modern – Understand the impact of patriarchy on what women wear and how it defines them, introduction to traditional Indian clothing, see how clothing choices are changing, meet some young women who are negotiating the change.
- Hackathon – Work with a local social enterprise to solve real life problems, and reach their strategic and tactical goals.
- Accommodation in the heart of the tourist district
- Welcome dinner
- Heritage Walk through the city’s Fort area, now a UNESCO World heritage precinct
- Introduction to Yoga
- Evening walk through Marine Drive, see the Queen’s Necklace lit up, visit Chowpatty Beach, see Mumbai’s famous fast food, experience the evening arati ceremony at a temple
- Evening shopping at Colaba Causeway
For more information and a detailed itinerary, write to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or call Deepa at +91 98677 07414.